MALE HAIR TRANSPLANT
Hair loss in males is gaining its prevalence worldwide and no country is spared from the influence of hair loss. People all around the globe look for its permanent solution ending up with Hair transplant which is the most effective hair loss solution.
Causes of hair loss
Hair loss could be temporary or permanent with varying causes of its occurrence. The most common cause of hair loss is genetic dysfunction which is followed by varying other causes including hormonal imbalances, systemic diseases associated with hair loss, usage of medications like anti depressants, anti psychotics and anti anxiety, trauma or scarring and radio/ chemotherapy. There are few hand in glove culprits which interact with these absolute causes of hair loss and facilitate the rate including increased pollution, increased stress, changed lifestyle and poor nutrition.
Male pattern baldness
Male pattern baldness is also termed as androgenic alopecia which occurs due to genetic dysfunction and is the most common cause of hair loss in men. The modus operandi for genetic baldness is based on the oversensitive hair follicles which possess the receptors for DHT hormones and undergoes hair thinning and miniaturization ultimately leading to hair loss. The most common area affected includes the front and vertex of the scalp as they are comprised of DHT sensitive hair follicles. The spared area includes the back and side of the head which possess DHT resistant hair follicles and does not undergo any change.
Hair transplant is an outpatient cosmetic surgical procedure which is intended to provide the coverage of the bald scalp with maximum possible hair density or correct the flawed hairline if you are not satisfied with the natural existing hairline. The principle behind male hair transplant is to transplant the DHT resistant hair follicles which lies at the back and side of the head as they do not undergo any change under the genetic influence and stays permanent for life.
Hair transplant is a minimally invasive surgical procedure which involves restoration of hairs at the bald area by shifting of the hair follicles from the safe donor area. It is a highly précised procedure which needs to be performed by skilled and expert hands.
Medispa hair transplant clinic is pioneer in the field of hair transplant and has successfully performed satisfactory hair transplant in thousands of patients. We are leading in the world of hair transplant and are among the most approached hair transplant clinics worldwide.
Indications of hair transplant for men
When planning for hair transplant it is crucial to schedule a consultation prior to make up your mind for hair transplant. Hair transplant for men are indicated in certain circumstances:
- Male pattern baldness when the hair density at the donor area is adequate
- Systemically healthy individual
- Patients with realistic expectations
- Stable alopecia areata cases
- Young patients with stable hair loss
Dr Suneet Soni: the head of Medispa clinics is well known for his genuine suggestions and sound decision making which successfully delivers the best possible outcomes with world class natural looks.
Right age to consider hair transplant
Most of the patients have this concern that when they can get their hair transplant done. Truly speaking there is no minimum or maximum age recommended for hair transplant. In young individuals below 25 years this procedure is generally avoided but is not contraindicated and can deliver fruitful outcomes if the procedure is opted keeping many considerations in mind.
It is generally avoided in young patients as the hair loss is quite unstable and the rate of progression is unpredictable which could lead to poor outcomes if performed. Thus, in young patients when the hair loss is stable for at least 3 years and assessment of scalp depicts healthy scalp otherwise the procedure can be performed in those patients.
Dr Suneet Soni is one of the best hair transplant surgeon in India who is famous worldwide for his specialty in hairline designing and his surgical skills to deliver maximum hair coverage.
Different techniques for male hair transplant
Hair transplant procedure is performed by using 2 different techniques which are distinguished by graft harvesting technique explained as follows:
- FUT hair transplant technique (Strip technique): Strip technique is performed by removal of a thin strip from the donor area followed by their dissection to retrieve the individual graft. These individual grafts are then transplanted at the recipient site. This technique is opted majorly for extensive bald cases where approximately 3000 – 3500 grafts are required.
- FUE hair transplant technique: FUE technique involves extraction of individual hair follicles from the donor area using a punch device followed by their direct transplantation at the recipient site. Each of the steps should be performed under magnification and with extreme care as this technique is prone to more damage to hair follicles as the extraction is based on assumptions. This technique is used mainly for initial bald cases and facial hair transplant for beard, moustache and eyebrows. The technique provides provision to harvest maximum of 2000 – 2500 hair grafts.
- Combination technique of FUT and FUE: Combination technique was introduced keeping in mind the demand of high density hair transplant and extensive baldness cases which is in high demand nowadays. This technique provides the provision of harvesting more than 4000 hair grafts. This technique is performed by initiating with FUT technique for harvesting majority of grafts approximately 3000 – 3500 hair grafts followed by FUE technique for extracting residual number of hair grafts approximately 1500 grafts. This technique is beneficial for long term benefit as provides the provision of future sittings up to 3 times.
Dr Suneet Soni is the one who have introduced bio enhanced combination technique of FUT and FUE in Delhi and Jaipur and is specialized in performing this technique.
Are there any side effects?
Hair transplant is minimally invasive thus thankfully it does not possess any risk if performed by expert hands. But yes, like any surgical procedure hair transplant is also sequealed with some minor complication. These complications are short lived and do not cause any morbidity. Some of the short term complications associates with hair transplant include:
- Mild pain
- Scalp pimples
- Infections (rare if the procedure is not performed maintain hygiene)
These complications subside on its own within few days of hair transplant procedure without much intervention. Thus, you need not worry while planning of these procedures for any associated morbidity as you can resume your routine work from the very next day of the hair transplant procedure.
Medispa hair transplant clinic prioritize your comfort along with delivering the world class hair transplant outcomes. So if you are looking for blissful experience of hair transplant, Medispa clinics is the prime destination for you.
Recovery from hair transplant
Hair transplant is an outpatient minor surgical procedure so the patient stays comfortable and the procedure is painless after administration of local anesthesia. Patient can surely resume their routine work from the very next day but avoid any strenuous work for at least a month. There are list of instructions which should be strictly followed by the patients for at least a week after the procedure. The physical complications subside within a week.
The transplanted hairs start shedding after few days of the procedure which is absolutely normal. After 3 months you can observe initiated growth of the hairs which is appreciably visible by at least 6 months of the procedure. Complete hair growth can be seen with 9 months – 1 year.
Hair transplant cost
Hair transplant in India has become a popular treatment modality for hair loss as is gaining lots of demand. Hair transplant cost is a crucial factor for its popularity and India being a prime destination for hair transplant tourism. Including, the affordable cost India is also famous for few renowned hair transplant surgeons who are renowned worldwide.
Dr Suneet Soni; the head of Medispa clinics is one of the world renowned hair transplant surgeon who is approached by both national and international patients because of his excellent skills and affordable cost.
Estimated hair transplant cost at Medispa clinics is explained as follows:
|Grade of baldness||Number of hair graft required||Approximate cost quoted|
|Grade II and Grade III||2500 – 3000 hair grafts||60,000 – 150,000 INR|
|Grade IV||3000 – 4000 hair grafts||120,000 – 220,000 INR|
|Grade V||3500 – 4500 hair grafts||150,000 – 250,000 INR|
|Grade VI and VII||More than 4500 hair grafts||180,000 – 280,000 INR|